Shop Assistant wanted!
A vacancy has opened up at our busy and popular shop in Ely. We are looking for someone to become part of the Ely Gin story and help us out.
You do not need to have worked in a shop before, but some prior experience is certainly an advantage. Knowledge about spirits in particular (and the drinks industry in general), or a willingness to learn, is also important.
We have Radio 2 on in the shop most of the time, so some ability at Pop Master is a plus point.
To do this job, there are some basic requirements that you need to fulfil:
- You must be polite, presentable, personable and reliable, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- You will be in the public eye, representing The Ely Gin Company. We prefer people that we can show off!
- You must be able to lift heavy boxes without hurting yourself.
- Gin is heavy stuff and you must be able to lift boxes of it (up to 20kg). The shop is over two floors, with some storage upstairs.
- You must be able to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Sometimes you will be working in the shop on your own. Naturally, you will be given full training before being this happens.
- You must be aged over 18.
- You must have good grades at GCSE in English and Maths (grade 4/C, or above).
This is a permanent part-time position, Monday and Friday (9.45 – 17.15) and Saturday (8.45 – 17.15).
Having given up your days for us, what will you get in return?
We are offering up to £8.90/hour, depending on age and experience. You will get a 30-minute paid lunch break, paid holiday, a shop staff discount, and you may qualify for pension contributions as well.
Interested? Get in touch!
We do want to see your C.V., but please also send us a short hand-written letter. We would like to know a little bit about you and why you are the perfect person for this role. Don’t forget to include contact details, including an e-mail address.
Send your application to the head-office address shown in the small print at the bottom of this page, or drop it off at the shop. Please mark your envelope “Shop Assistant”.
We’ll acknowledge receipt of all hand-written applications within a few days, so do get in contact if that doesn’t happen.
If you have some questions about the job or conditions before you apply, you are welcome to email those through.