Shop Assistant wanted!
A vacancy has opened up at our busy and popular shop in Downham Market. We are looking for someone to become part of the Ely Gin story and help us out.
You do not need to have worked in a shop before, but some prior experience is certainly an advantage. Knowledge about spirits in particular (and the drinks industry in general), or a willingness to learn, is also important.
We have Radio 2 on in the shop most of the time, so some ability at Pop Master is a plus point.
To do this job, there are some basic requirements that you need to fulfil:
- You must be polite, presentable, personable and reliable, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- You will be in the public eye, representing The Ely Gin Company.
- You must have a creative streak
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that the shop and products are shown off to their very best, including dressing the shop window, making up seasonal displays, and putting gift-hampers together.
- You must be able to lift heavy boxes without hurting yourself.
- Gin is heavy stuff and you must be able to lift boxes of it (up to 10kg).
- You must be able to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Often you will be working in the shop on your own. Naturally, you will be given full training before being this happens.
- You must be aged over 18.
- You must have good grades at GCSE in English and Maths (grade 4/C, or above).
This is a permanent part-time position, currently Tuesday – Friday (9.30 – 12.45) and every other Saturday (10.00 – 16.00). You may be required to work on bank holidays.
Having given up your days for us, what will you get in return?
We are offering up to £8.90/hour, depending on age and experience. Where appropriate, you will get a 30-minute paid lunch break, paid holiday, a shop staff discount, and you may qualify for pension contributions as well.
Interested? Get in touch!
We do want to see your C.V., but please also send us a short hand-written letter. We would like to know a little bit about you and why you are the perfect person for this role. Don’t forget to include contact details, including an e-mail address.
Send your application to the head-office address shown in the small print at the bottom of this page, or drop it off at either of our shops. Please mark your envelope “Shop Assistant”.
We’ll acknowledge receipt of all hand-written applications within a few days, so do get in contact if that doesn’t happen.
Interviews will be held on Monday 17th August, to start work on Monday 14th September.
If you have some questions about the job or conditions before you apply, you are welcome to email those through.