This page details the terms and conditions of sale of goods from this web-site (the terms and conditions for gift vouchers are different, and can be found here). By placing an order through this web-site, you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree with any of the items listed here, please do not place your order.
1. You are entering into a contract with The Ely Gin Company Ltd., company registration number 07846289.
The head office of The Ely Gin Company Ltd. is 83 St Johns Road, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3BW, U.K.
The contact telephone number is +44(0)1353 968871 (available Monday – Saturday).
General terms and conditions
2. The Ely Gin Company Ltd supplies Gin and Vodka (38% alcohol) and Juniper-flavoured Spirit Drinks (30% alcohol) in 100, 250 and 500ml bottles.
3. The price of each item is shown on the item page. Postage charges are shown on the checkout page. The postage charge varies according to the weight of the order and the destination shipping address.
4. Payment is made through Stripe. Payment can be made (through Stripe) using a credit or debit card. It is not necessary to have an account with Stripe to place an order. Charges made by Stripe for the use of their services will be covered by The Ely Gin Company Ltd.
5. Unless agreed by us in writing, “working days” do not include Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays.
6. Typically, orders will be shipped within two working days of the order being received. In cases where the order cannot be shipped within this time, the customer shall be informed using the supplied email address or telephone number.
7. No order shall be shipped until full payment (including any postage charges) has been received.
8. Orders are posted only to addresses within the U.K., unless by prior arrangement.
Cancellation or return of an order
9. An order may be cancelled by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephoning using the number above.
10. Orders that are cancelled before they are shipped shall be refunded in full.
11. After an order has shipped, it may not be returned for refund without first contacting The Ely Gin Company Ltd. Typically, we will be happy to accept back an item ordered in error, provided it is unopened and in good condition. We do not charge a “restocking fee”, but please refer to item 12, below.
12. Order cancellations shall be accepted within 10 working days of shipping or 5 working days of receipt, whichever is longer. Return requests shall be entertained after this time only in exceptional circumstances.
13. It is the responsibility of the customer returning all (or part) of an order to pay the associated postage costs.
Items broken in transit
14. All claims relating to alleged damage during transit must be made within 1 working day from the date of delivery.
15. If an item packaged by The Ely Gin Company Ltd. is broken in transit, it shall be replaced or refunded at our expense. Photographic evidence of the broken item(s) will be required.
16. If an item packaged by the customer (an item being returned) is broken in transit, and we do not think that the item was packaged correctly, the customer shall be charged for the item.
Items lost in transit
17. All claims relating to a non-delivery and therefore a total loss during transit must be made within 10 working days from the expected date of delivery.
Discounts and special offers
18. The availability of any given discount or special offer is limited. A given offer or discount may be withdrawn at any time and without warning.
These T&Cs were last updated on 16 October 2019.